We provide individual counselling for children, adolescents, parents and families. Our treatment plans are designed to meet the specific needs of each child, adolescent and/or family member. All treatment is trauma-informed, neurodevelopmentally and attachment sensitive, which targets emotional regulation and distress tolerance. The main goal of treatment is for individuals to be able to tell their stories and make meaning of their experiences without the overwhelming and devastating impact of re-traumatisation, while being able to make meaningful change moving forward.
Techniques and Treatment Modalities
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive
- Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy skills training (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Attachment, Regulation and Competency skills training (ARC)
- Family Based Treatment for eating disorders (FBT/Maudsley)
- Family Systems Therapy
Dyadic Child-Parent Attachment and Attunement
- Art and Play Therapy (using mediums such as sand-tray, non-directive play therapy, emotion metaphor collage, puppets, clay, symbolic, painting and drawing)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
How do we work?
It All Starts With You
We choose the treatment method that best suits your personal and family needs. We value your views of your current situation and work closely with you to make change possible. We recognise that you may desire fast results and we aim to assist you to achieve maximum change as quickly as possible.